Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Future and What Became Of It

One of the essays I wrote when applying to college was on where I saw myself in the future. I wrote about how I would help America close the trade gap with Japan by automating domestic car factories and retraining line people to be analysts. I would get U.S. workers making VCR's (this was before DVD's) for Sony stateside, much the way Huntsville builds Toyota engines. From replacing Styrofoam with biodegradable foam to curbing unnecessary water use in Arizona, no challenge would be a match for me.

The essay did put me working with Congress to make much of this happen, but mainly using private-sector incentives. What actually happened is the U. S. Treasury owning 61% of General Motors and the Department of Transportation giving incentives directly to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment